(828) 424-9533 email@example.com
Freelance writer with 10+ years of experience creating content for small businesses and marketing companies, including a client with a 33% open rate on their email newsletter and over 1,700 views per month on their website and blog as a direct result of quality content.
1/2012 – Present: Laura M. LaVoie: Writer Nationwide/Remote
· Blog writing for marketing companies and small businesses such as Haley Marketing, Boldt Global, Censia, Sigred Solutions, HomeActions, HireHive, Tiny House Magazine, and more.
· Guest blogging for Tumbleweed Tiny House Company, International Childfree Day, Mind,Body,Green, and more.
· WordPress skills, including metadata and SEO.
· Ghost blogging for business owners to establish their voice as subject matter experts.
· Speaking engagements about Tiny Houses for multiple events around the country on topics such as the philosophy of tiny living and affordable housing initiatives.
10/2021 – Present: DPEG Marketing Company Nationwide/Remote
· Partnering with DPEG Marketing web designer to create visual and dynamic websites for the equine and farm industry.
· Creating website copy for landing pages, bios, and more.
· Ghostwriting blogs for business owners, including Best Credit RX and horseOlogy.
10/2014 – Present: The NotMom.com and NotMom Summit Cleveland, OH
· Established the first ever conference for women without children in the nation.
· Speaker outreach, coordination, and communication.
· Organizing the schedule and events for the day.
· Continued work on future Summit events.
· Blogging and other writing projects.
· Produce and Co-Host The NotMom Conversation live video podcast.
- 120 Ideas for Tiny Living (2013)
- How to Drink Craft Beer: A Beginner’s Guide (2014)
- Your Job Search: Resumes, Interviews, and More (2015)
- Life in 120 Square Feet: The Essays (2017)
All available on Amazon.com
Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI
· BA in Anthropology and History