1/2012 – Present Self Employed Asheville, NC
- Blog writing for Haley Marketing, HomeActions, Tiny House Listings, The Not Mom, Social Career Pages, NextCrew, Boost Medical, VincentBenjamin Consulting, Cut Cable Today and more.
- Guest writing for Tumbleweed Tiny House Company, Chicks That Dig Beer, and more.
- Experience with WordPress and Google Blogger platforms.
- Ghost blogging and social media management for small business owners in the Asheville area.
- Speaking engagements about Tiny Houses for multiple events including the Tiny House Conference in 2014, 2015, and 2016, the Raleigh Fall Home Show in September 2014, and several conventions, churches, and universities around the country.
10/2014 – Present The NotMom Summit Cleveland, OH
- Establishing the first ever conference for women without children in the nation held October 9 and 10, 2015, in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Speaker outreach, coordination, and communication.
- Organizing the schedule and events for the day.
- Currently organizing and planning the second NotMom Summit to be held October 14 and 15, 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio
6/2014 – Present Asheville Small Home Advocacy Committee Asheville, NC
- Asheville SHAC is a group of dedicated volunteers working together and with the city and Buncombe county to make micro homes a viable solution for affordable housing, urban density, and walkability of the city and surrounding areas.
- Partner with multiple tiny house organization in the area including Wishbone Tiny Homes, Asheville Tiny House Association, and Project Wosho.
5/2013 – Present Tiny House NC Asheville, NC
- Manage TinyHouseNC.com with three other tiny house builders and bloggers.
- Create Content for the blog including information on historic architecture throughout North Carolina.
- Marketing to individuals and companies who can provide resources to the tiny house community in North Carolina including real estate agents, builders, and manufacturers.
- Social Media Management for Facebook page, Twitter, and Google+.
- Write and distribute press releases about the organization.
2/2013 – 2/2014 r(E)vo Convo Podcast (with Tiny r(E)volution) Virtual
- Co-Hosting the podcast for Tiny House Community with host Andrew Odom.
- Developing and recording segments on tiny house living and space saving tips.
- Interviews with prominent members of the Tiny House Community.
5/2004 – 5/2012 Discover Staffing Alpharetta, GA
Operations and Recruiting Specialist
- Specialized in the recruiting and placement of Administrative professionals of all levels.
- Managed the company’s Internet presence including
- Processed all pre-employment screening with LexisNexis, Kroll and Sterling Testing, eScreen Drug Screens and ProveIt On-Line testing.
- Submitted all unemployment claims and participated in hearings as needed. Never lost a company initiated appeal.
- Rewarded with a raise in salary and commission percentage even at a time of economic difficulty.
Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI
- Anthropology courses in Theory and Applied Ethnography as well as field work in Cultural Studies.
- Developed strong writing skills and a working knowledge of the Historical Method.